At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
- Perform standard quality control testing on incoming raw materials, semi-finished goods and finished goods according to defined instructions, procedures and methods. Testing includes standard QC methods, including but not limited to viscosity, cure speed/temperature, tensile lap shear performance, stability, titrations, various analytical tests and others as needed.
- Perform testing and interpret results and perform batch adjustments as required.
- Perform and report calculations using basic arithmetic.
- Use MS Excel to chart results and use statistical analysis to analyze and interpret data.
- Use SAP to record test data, enter usage decisions and enter nonconformance reports.
- File and maintain retain samples; dispose of old retain samples.
- Maintain lab equipment in proper working order and perform verifications.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation failures.
- Maintain 5S protocols in lab.
- Internal auditor.
- Review, write and ensure the accuracy of QC test methods.
- Participate in measuring system analysis testing.
- Participate in customer audits.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Participate in customer complaint investigations.
- Participate in annual testing.
- Identify root causes for testing related out of specification results. May be required to lead or be a team member on formal problem-solving groups (5 Why’s) and/or Fast Response Problem Solving
- Participate in customer complaint and nonconformance investigations working with Product Development and technical experts; identify and implement corrective actions and determine effectiveness.
- Complete, control and file quality records and/or documents as directed by the department standard operating procedures.
- Maintain calibration program and records.
- Participate on and/or lead teams for various site/lab improvement projects.
- May assist Quality Control supervisor with calibration process.
- Comply with all Safety, Health, and Environmental rules, procedures, and regulations.
- Bachelor's/Associates Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, relevant Science discipline, or 5 years of Manufacturing experience
- Preferred Knowledge and experience with ISO/IATF standards
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing / chemical industry or within the quality profession
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technically adept in QC testing of adhesive products while consistently following test methods as written.
- Preferred Proven problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in laboratory testing and equipment.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and able to follow through on responsibilities and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Work with others in a respectful manner and as a member of the team to achieve all goals set forth in the department.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- PC proficiency, including Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, SAP and various databases.
- Demonstrate excellent attendance and reliability.
- Flexibility to work overtime, extended shifts and/or other shifts on occasion.
- Strong commitment to safety systems and OSHA required standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Adhesives or sealants and coatings knowledge a preference
The employee will work in an office and manufacturing plant atmosphere with occasional travel to customer or supplier manufacturing sites to support and/or audit. There are no specific physical requirements for this job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The salary for this role is $52,000 - $60,000. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This
salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.