At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
The function of the Hygiene Manager is to lead the process of assuring the plant has hygienic systems, processes, and equipment in place. The role is also responsible for development and implementation of solutions needed for hygiene issues. This role has responsibility for leading and supporting key Quality Assurance Capability development at the plant.
- Hygienic Design - Develop and implement strategies, tactics, and hygiene action plans
- Microbiological Testing - Determine testing requirements and conduct testing and maintain data as required by Henkel standards
- Investigations - Lead the investigation of out-of-specification microbiological and related results.Culture and identify microorganisms and lead corrective action development
- Lead Hygiene Programs and Teams
- Manage Micro Lab Operations and Personnel
- Improve Quality – Perform tasks and manage processes to improve plant quality, laboratory, and hygiene processes according to regulatory, customer, Henkel, and good manufacturing practices, standards, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Microbiology is required, advanced degree preferred
- 3-7+ years of experience in an Industrial Microbiology Field, preferably with a CPG company. Experience in biofilm research is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of Hygienic Manufacturing, Equipment and Design to assist in troubleshooting plant hygiene issues is required. Mechanical Aptitude is highly preferred
- The identification of microorganisms using traditional and automated technology is desirable
- Knowledge of chemistry and ability to carry out test methods relevant to the department
- Work with local management team to drive and improve quality, environmental, safety, and energy results across the site within area of responsibility and where required to meet ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, and 50001 standards.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
The salary for this role is $68,200.00 - $94,100.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.